We may be in the heart of winter, but can't stop thinking of summer! Neither does the British newspaper "The Telegraph", as it published a travel inspiring list of The Top 10 Turkish Holidays 2016, comprising organized family-friendly beaches, white powder sandy stretches perfectly embracing dazzling turquoise waters, incredibly attractive coastal towns and scenic fishing villages. A completely satisfying list that has something for everyone, pick your desired destination!
Patara, the Longest beach in Turkey
- Founded by Patarus, the son of Apollo, the Greek God of Sun and Music, Patara couldn't be a more divine destination! Situated in Antalya Province, is an 11 miles long, golden sandy beach. Still unspoilt by mass tourism, is a shelter for Loggerhead turtles and holidaymakers seeking havens that escaped the development. Surrounded by the ruins of an ancient city and a spectacular mountain, is a perfect escape easily accessible by boat, as no tourist companies operate here.
The Bodrum Peninsula
- A sophisticated escape, for demanding travellers! Studded with olives groves, sprinkled with sugar-cube architecture, the Bodrum Peninsula is an exquisite dagger shaping some of the top destinations in the Aegean Coasts, ideal for amazing yacht charter holidays in Turkey: Peaceful and sheltered Gulf of Gokova, unspoilt and scenic Gumusluk bay and Turgutreis fringed by endless sandy beaches to explore.
- An unspoilt paradise, spectacularly embraced by mountains brimming with pine trees, plunging right into the azure blue sea. Enjoy swimming in the dazzling waters of the lagoon, sail your boat to the pretty beach of Butterfly Valley, boost your adrenaline with extreme sports such as Paragliding, Parasailing and many more.
- A tiny, former Greek, fishing village, in the scenic ambience of the Cyclades! Sugar cube architecture, colourful bougainvillaea adorning whitewashed yards and walls, amazing beaches and awe-inspiring views to the Aegean, is an inviting call to charm travellers.
- The ultimate destination for those who seek a traditional Mediterranean paradise beach blending with all the comforts of a bustling city! Restless nightlife, culture festivals, state of the art services and amenities, a breath away from endless golden shores and awe-inspiring vistas! For a scenic, quick escape, visit the traditional Finike, an unspoilt coast town with a strong turkish attitude.
- Is a pure charm! Dazzling Mediterranean waters gently stroking soft, white powder sandy beaches, while stunning ancient ruins mix with sand dunes and fishermen cottages on unique, harmonious blend.
- Backed by a spectacular mountainous landscape, a former pirates hideaway, is a destination of exceptional beauty above turquoise, Mediterranean waters. An excellent destination to sail for coastal hopping, among serene, pristine beaches surrounded by magnificent landscapes.
- A former Greek settlement strikingly developed to one a popular tourist destination, yet maintaining all the charm and attractiveness of the past. Cobbled alleys, stone houses transformed to boutique hotels, chic shops and galleries create an exquisite ambience for demanding travellers. With moderately windy beaches, is the ultimate destination for extreme watersports in the wider Cesme Peninsula.
- Located between the gulfs of Marmaris and Fethiye on the south-west coast of Turkey, Dalyan is a small town with an unusual charm. Backed by sheer cliffs and the ruins of the ancient city of Kaunos, the town extends between the river and the sea. Sail down the river to reach the white sand of Iztuzu beach, a famous shelter for Loggerhead turtles breeding.
- A hidden gem among the Turkish coasts, Cirali, is a long stretch of beach and a milky-blue ocean, that remains unsung. Backed by pine-covered mountains, embraced by citrus groves, a beautiful 1,5-mile long beach, offering unequalled tranquillity, Cirali beach is ideal for those seeking mellow holiday on a dramatic landscape.
Read the full article here.